Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Job Hunting.

Who would have thought job hunting could take up so much time?

I used to be able to take a walk around in an afternoon and land myself a job in time to sink a couple of pints in the pub before dinner. Of course, they were always factory, warehouse, labouring, or pub jobs. Now I'm trying to get something a little more rewarding it's much more of a challenge. Which is alright, obviously. I love a challenge, according to my CV.

A friend who works in telecommunications assures me there's a good chance he could land me a job with his company, which would pay quite well. Considerably better than everything else I've looked at anyway. Thing is, telecommunications is not exactly what I had imagined myself going in for. I was always stuck between wanting to be a journalist and wanting to work for a public body, serving society in some way. God knows if I'd be any good with telecommunications, although my mate insists I wouldn't have any problem.

Is the better money worth changing direction for?

1 Comments:

At 3:36 am, Blogger Fuff said...

Depends if the change in direction is for something other than good money I guess. Job hunting is a pain in the proverbial. Good luck anyhoo ..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home