Saturday, July 08, 2006

Anniversary.

Well, yesterday was a sombre day for us all. Just outside my house is situated the main South London Mosque. Being a Friday the streets were packed with Muslims, who hang around and converse after the midday prayers. A friend bemoaned the police presence outside the mosque, claiming any burglars and muggers would have an easy day of it due to lack of available constabulary.

Meeting my better half in North London, I caught the tube up to Finsbury Park, former home of the infamous Abu Hamza, and again noticed some police presence.

My lovely lady has been staying with her family in North London for a few days, and is coming back home today. I wish there was no reason to worry for her safety, travelling on the Tube. But that's a luxury we have all lost now.

1 Comments:

At 5:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps the police were of the opinion that 'burglars' and 'muggers' were of the Muslim persuasion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home