Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sweet Justice.

Two obvious wronguns come bowling into the pub late last night. The one with speech capacity puts his arm round my shoulder and orders two pints of Nelson Mandela. I put the pints down in front of him.

"Yeah that's on my slate bruv."

"No, you haven't got a slate bruv."

"Ask Frank* (the guvnor) it's on my slate."

"Frank aint here (he's upstairs) and I'm not doing any slates mate."

"Alright whatever. Ask my mate over there for the money."

I go and speak to his mate, who grunts some neanderthal response. I'm later to learn this lurch is a murderer who did 18 years bird. The bastard at the bar had sent me over to him anticipating me getting my head split open.

Anyway, it's clear these two are trouble so I ring my boss, who comes down to have a word with them, then calls the police. The two arseholes meanwhile Take it upon themselves to wander round with a menacing swagger and then threaten to kill my mate Mick, who in turn threatens to kill the both of them.

Eventually they end up falling out the pub to have a row with my boss, who's outside waiting for the old bill to arrive. While hurling insults at the landlord (a man big enough to handle himself in any situation) they get distracted by a group of kids hanging around the street corner.Being a couple of bullies they move towards the kids and start having a go at them, too.

Bad move.

In seconds, a huge group of COTA* are punching, kicking, and jumping on top of them. My boss watches them get kicked absolutely shitless, calls the police, and tells them there's no longer a problem.

"Sweet justice", he called it.

Personally I was torn between two emotions. On the one hand I felt uneasy that two blokes had just been savagely attacked by the increasingly violent youth on London's streets. On the other hand, I couldn't help smiling at the fact two pieces of violent scum like these, one of them a murderer, had been given a taste of their own medicine by a pack of kids they were trying to bully.

* All names changed.

* Children of the Apocalypse - see earlier posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home