Friday, June 23, 2006

Brazil.

Is Graham Poll going senile?

How could you forget you'd already booked a player and should have sent him off the second time?

To be honest, you've got to congratulate the Ozzies, even if they are something of an old enemy. They might be a bunch of arrogant tossers in most sport, but when it comes to football they're the underdogs. Everyone loves an underdog, right?

Well, no, not if they're playing Brazil. Why so many Brazil fans in England, I wonder. When Japan scored the first goal I thought, good for them, nice one. But everybody else couldn't wait for the Brazillians to crush them. When Ronaldo scored, people were cheering as if Rooney had just netted the winner in the final against Argentina. One poor confused soul even told me he'd be in a dilemma if England come up against them, because he wouldn't want either side to lose.

And no, he hasn't got any ancestral Brazillian lineage or any other bond to the country.

I know Brazil are a delight to watch but it doesn't mean I want them to do well. Personally I'd love to see them beaten 3-0 by Ghana. Fat chance.

Or that's what I think Ronaldo said.

By the way, didn't they look dodgy with the white shorts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home