Thursday, June 01, 2006

RIP is resurrected.

Resistance is Phutile is back, like a phoenix from the ashes, or a re-lit dog end from the ash tray.

Back to further pollute cyberspace with the daily garbage spilling out of the current affairs landfill that is my brain. The reason for the hiatus: finally finishing university, tonnes of work consuming my time and passion for writing. Well, not strictly true, I continued to scribble scraps of scrutiny in my little black notebook, all far too absurd or pointless to sully the public sphere with (rich, maybe).

Just because I feel like it, here's a quick list of the books I've managed to read in between endless reams of socio-cultural theory. Without the respite afforded me by these treasures, I'd have sunk into an impenetrable coma long ago.

Grey Area - Will Self
Cock and Bull - Will Self
Papillon - Henri Charriere
The Time Traveller's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
How the Dead Live - Will Self

A bit too much of the same author maybe, but an enjoyable selection nonetheless.

Now I'm faced with the task of securing a job I actually want, and an escape from working in the boozer. Mind you, the pub's just a thirty second walk from my front door; maybe I'll miss the proximity when I'm crammed into the 159, ploughing it's way through the Brixton traffic on it's way to the West End every morning.

Anyway, good to be back.

2 Comments:

At 2:28 pm, Blogger Will said...

Glad to see you're back.

Haven't read any of those, only Dorian, which was mmmm okayish I guess. I once saw the great man Self Q&Aing; it was incredible. So witty and articulate, I felt like a three-year-old holding a crayon.

 
At 2:42 pm, Blogger Phu said...

Yeah, his superior intellect offends me if I'm honest, how the dead live is a great read though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home