Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Blair Force 1

Sod it. Might as well make a prediction for tomorrow night. 1-0 to England.

I know, I know. I really should stop.

Frank Lampard is exposing himself as a bit of a luxury player in this World Cup. Bolstered by players like Essien he has put many into the back of the net for Cheslki. But at the moment, he seems pretty incapable of similar performances for England. Even his usually excellent shots on goal have been rubbish.

Now, I know that if I'm going to comment on Blair Force One I should start by saying something about what a scandalous expenditure on behalf of the taxpayer it is. Possibly next I should jump in with the Green argument and lambast this prime minister who supposedly cares so much for the environment.

In truth, I'm not sure what difference to the environment these two planes are actually going to make.

Anyway, stuff all that. What strikes me most is just how pathetic Blair's presidential style appears when contrasted with the real thing. So he wants to play at being like his mate George, that's nice. But how silly does he look, emulating the state of the art, missile repelling flying palace Bush uses with a couple of second hand commercial airliners?

1 Comments:

At 5:53 pm, Blogger Dangerouslysubversivedad said...

Bang on Phu. It does look like a little kid trying to imitate his big brother doesn't it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home