Monday, June 19, 2006

Australia dumped in the WC.

Ahem... well, I knew I shouldn't put my head on the block like that. Still, I was only one goal out. Trinidad did to us what Australia have done to Brazil, Poland to Germany, and Paraguay to Sweden. They made us wait, and even deserved a goal. Tough.

After the match with Ghana everyone was saying Italy looked good, but what was that all about with the USA? My Italian housemate (and football coach) was seriously pissed off, he had a face like a wasp chewing a bulldog the next day. He even said if they are going to play like that he wants them to go home now. Bit harsh, they'll beat the Czechs, I reckon (out on a limb again). Was fun when Ghana beat the Czechs on Saturday, the carhorns and cheers in the street lasted all night.

When South Korea equalised last night, the cheers could be heard again, everyone was an SK supporter for the evening. Can't think why. They're real support was phenomenal, the Korean fans know how to represent.

Sod it. Might as well make a prediction for tomorrow night. 1-0 to England.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home