Monday, March 06, 2006

Fashion.



It surprised me that I gave a shit enough to write about this, but I'm going to go ahead anyway. Susannah Frankel, fashion editor of The Independent, saw fit to savage Victoria Beckham this morning, mocking her capacity to "murder any look". Now, while not exactly overcome with the urge to defend Mrs Beckham, I couldn't help feeling irked at the snobbery of Frankel. I know, that's how the fashion world is. But it always pissed me off when some la di dah moron sat there in a grotesque outfit, advising everyone about next year's must-have look, or criticising somebody else for their bad taste. Especially when, as in this case, the photo of the person being attacked showed someone looking glamorous and stylish, while the photo of the attacker showed a dishevelled looking Wurzel Gummage understudy. Then again, I suppose being fashion editor doesn't often present one with the opportunity of getting your name to appear in the front half of the paper, where people are still reading, and haven't left it on a seat on the tube train for the next traveller to pick up.

Now I've got that off my chest, I can go back to not giving a shit about celebrities and their bloody fashion sense. How many others were frustrated at this morning's 'news' programmes, which were saturated with images and opinions of the dresses worn by Kiera Knightley et al at last night's awards shows?

1 Comments:

At 5:01 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

"dishevelled looking Wurzel Gummage understudy"

You made me choke on my coffee! Fabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home