Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Looking after the pennies.

On the issue of money, or the lack of it, I found myself in the embarrasing situation of being a penny short in a shop today. Well, I wouldn't usually find it embarrasing, but the girl behind the counter wouldn't let me off. I asked her, in disbelief, if she was serious. "It's me that'll have to settle it later" she responded.

I should have told her what a mean spirited little bitch she was, and that I'd never come across a shop keeper that would have given a shit for a penny before (not that I make a habit of being a penny short, you understand).

But instead I just mumbled that she was being harsh, and made a rapid exit.

I need to conquer the emotion of shame.

2 Comments:

At 6:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could have paid her a compliment and then waived the 99 pence she would have owed you thereafter.

 
At 10:57 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

My aunt picked up a few things in one of those 99p shops once, but when she reached the woman at the till she found she didn't have enough change in her purse to pay for them.

We still rib her today about having to put items back in a 99p shop because she couldn't afford them.

We're a cruel family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home