Friday, March 24, 2006

I hate British Gas.

British Gas are beyond doubt the most infuriating, badly managed company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. After a long, cold winter, where due to a shitty old boiler we were without the use of gas for two or three freezing months, they sent me a bill for £258. During a number of 30 minute phone calls, which as an 0845 number really tax your pocket quite heavily, I was told by some monotone voices the bill was obviously wrong, and by some other monotone voices the bill was certainly right. It carried on like a game of ping pong because around about the third or fourth time I would be put on hold by these delightful human beings I inevitably ran out of money in the phone box. Talk about a scam.

After finally receiving an amended bill of £143, we switched to a gas card meter system and arranged to pay the 143 quid at a weekly rate of £7.50 via the gas card. After the debt outstanding had fallen to around £120, I looked at the meter one morning and lo and behold, we now owed, according to the machine, £412. More phone calls and more wasted money, we were assured a new, correct, bill would find its way to our letterbox shortly.

Fed up with the bullshit we have had to put up with, including:

  • about seven seperate bills for the same period
  • a number of lazy useless "engineers" who turn up and do nothing
  • a number of lazy useless engineers who don't turn up at all and then tell the company they weren't given access to the property
  • the continued billing of our gas usage even after transferring to a pay as you go system
  • the most incompetent idiots ever to pick up a phone
  • the rudest idiot to do the same thing, a dickhead of a lady who accused me of lying when I said we had not used the gas for over a month
  • blah blah blah

- we contacted London Energy seeking a move. Unfortunately, we were told, a move would not be possible because British Gas say we have neglected to pay a bill which is over two months old.

Which fucking bill exactly, British Gas?

Obviously not the correct one I have been assured will be coming through my letterbox by the 20th March.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 pm, Blogger Phu said...

Now I come to think about it, if a teacher can sue a school for a million quid because her chair made farty noises when she sat on it, surely I could make a few notes out of the stress BG have subjected me to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home