Monday, December 26, 2005

Boxing Day, on the box.

Predictably, the festive season is proving a busy one, and blogging unfortunately suffers. Not that I watched it, but apparently the queen's speech yesterday was the gloomiest since "annus horribilis", 1992. It's true 05 has been a tragic and catastrophic year in many respects, although I don't really need the most privileged woman in the country to tell me that.

I never do watch the speech, I actually applauded David and Victoria Beckham's speech whatever year that was broadcast as an alternative. I didn't actually watch that, either, but in the interests of fair chance for all, I encourage alternative sources of all-knowing wisdom especially at this time of year.

Is Little Britain finished for good? I think I heard this series was the last one to be filmed. A blinding show, no doubt, but the episode I saw the other day did seem to be on a slight decline in quality from the heady days of series one.

Just one more telly related item, before I start seeming like some sort of Garry Bushell understudy (Ian Hyland would have to be demoted to under-understudy). The Green Green Grass (I think that's what it's called) was slated in a review yesterday, the forgotten critic lambasted its shoddy scriptwriting. When I first saw the show, I thought it was so obvious a spin off from Only Fools and Horses because of the funny gags so reminiscent of Del Boy and Rodney in Peckham. I actually thought it was a pretty funny show. Was the critic an ignoramous, or is it me?

Anyway, time is scarce, I just didn't want to forget how to find the letters on the keyboard that correspond with the ones in my head.

T.T.F.N

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home