Tuesday, November 22, 2005

"Oral sex gives you cancer"

Just reading through today's G2 in the Guardian, and saw this headline. Thought it fitted in quite nicely with the last post in a way. Yet another danger to our health has been identified, albeit from a non-Labour source. I can't remember the name of the group that carried out this research but apparently oral sex has a link with the human papilloma virus (HPV) and that in turn has been linked to cancer.

The article however did note that both smoking and drinking were far more likely causes of any development of cancerous tissue in the mouth. Thank God for that. I've already kicked the nicotene habit, and as I said, drinking for all its faults at least can be a good iron source. I think alterations to our sexual activities are a bit much, especially when I'm a one-woman guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home